IN.TE.M.I.S. is a project aimed at introduce in VET School and Center, ICT based Flipped Learning, an innovative and student-centred pedagogical approach, to increase the quality of teaching and learning, to help reduce early school leaving, to decrease the number of under-skilled teenagers, and ultimately to support modernization of education and training systems.
The project idea originates from the needs faced by personnel engaged in vocational schools and their colleagues in other European countries, about the main problems that nowadays they are facing: the learning pedagogical innovation, the introduction in schools of new information technologies and the de-motivation of the students, transformed in extreme cases, in school leaving before the end of the study cycle. This phenomena is affecting many Italian and European professional schools, that require a methodological and technological teachers' preparation to modernize the general student learning, increase the appeal of the study in the unmotivated ones and to create inclusive schools, open to meet the learning needs of both "talented" and "differently talented" students. Furthermore Italian Vet schools have another problem to deal with: the low level of English knowledge by Italian VET students compared with their European counterparts.
The main activities planned are:
- 3 Transnational Meetings among all partners, respectively in Italy, Portugal, Iceland.
- A comparative research on innovative education in Europe and on the needs of the VET teachers
- 2 training activities for VET teachers and trainers, respectively on “Innovative teaching: pedagogical and technological aspects" in Spain and “Implementation and evaluation methods of the flipped classroom” in Greece
- 2 blended mobilities of VET learners
- Construction of educational material on the topic "English Language"
- Testing of the pilot project in the individual classes
- Guidelines for the implementation of blended learning environments
- 1 Last Transnational Meeting in Italy coincident with Conference for Dissemination of results